MASSAGE THERAPY – SPORT MASSAGE, SWEDISH MASSAGE
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is the scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, consisting primarily of manual (hand-on) techniques such as stroking, kneading, or rubbing with one or both hands for therapeutic purposes (as to relieve pain, promote healing or improve physical functioning.)
Swedish Massage is the most common massage. It involves soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes on muscle tissue. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish Massage can be both relaxing and energising.
Sport Massage is a combination of Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage but it has been specially adapted to deal with the effects of athletic performance on the body and the needs of athletes regarding training, performing and recovering form injury.
Benefits of Massage Therapy?
- Improving blood circulation and lymph flow (fluid in lymph glands – part of the immune system)
- Reducing muscle tension and stiffness
- Relieving muscle spams
- Increasing joint and limb flexibility and range of motion
- Relieving points of tension and overall stress, inducing relaxation
- Promoting deeper and easier breathing
- Relieving tension related headaches and eye strain
- Promoting faster healing of soft tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles and sprained ligaments
- Reducing pain and swelling related to injuries
- Reducing the formation of scar tissues following soft tissue trauma.
- Improving posture by changing tension patterns that affect posture
- Reducing emotional or physical stress and reducing anxiety
- Promoting feelings of well-being
- Increasing awareness of the mind-body connection and improving mental awareness and alertness generally
Meet Oliver Mackender, our Massage Therapist:
Hello, I am Oliver the new massage therapist teaming up with Laura Howell at Clear Physiotherapy. I am a well practised and fully qualified therapist with experience working with all bodily types. I very much look forward to bringing my offer of healing to the Maidenhead area.
I am a very active, outdoorsy person with a heightened sense of empathy. I have an in-depth sporting background which includes Judo, boxing, weightlifting, cycling and rugby which has given me great insight to how the body responds to stimulus and common points of stress.
I am very pleased to announce that I will be offering both sports massage and Swedish at the very warm and relaxing clinic at Clear Physiotherapy.
How to book an appointment for massage?
To call Oliver directly – please dial: 07771 263255
You can also book online via this website on the top of the page.